Oopsie

My brain doesn't work the way it used to. I blame it on having kids. Pregnancy and childbirth have been scientifically linked to the loss of brain cells. Really!

Aaaaanyway...

These are the three layouts I created with the Say Cheese kit from The Little Blue House.


I used the plastic rings in the kits as masks and sprayed over them with Maya Mist to create the background.


See the wooden camera piece? I created that patina effect by first misting it green and then pressing it onto a black stamp pad.


Fun and quick layout using the Sn@p collection from Simple Stories and layering my Instagram photos onto the printed frames. 


These Maya Road banner pieces were fun to layer with papers and fabric.


I struggled with this one a bit because the "Say Cheese" title was originally a deep golden yellow and it just wasn't working for me. So I misted over it with blue to get more of a turquoise color. It was a "Make It Work Moment" in my craft room.



I've been playing with paint droplets lately. The trick is to dilute the black acrylic with a tiny bit of water to get a nice fat drop. I haven't mastered it yet, but I'm getting better.


I had some ribbon scraps left over, so I stapled them around the paper clip.




I seriously thought I'd posted these, but no. Never happened. Sorry about that. Better late than never, I guess.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Adorable layouts and some fun techniques. Love your title - it's amazing how creative we can get when we have something we "have" to use!

Post a Comment